2007 was a good year because:
-my Babyyum (this look cracks me up every time, he's 1.. 16mos or so here) turned 3 and it's been the best year ever with him (out of diapers, independent, outgoing, curious, and oh so lovable!!!) I think 3 is my favorite age. I don't know if I want him to grow older (LOL) I enjoy this age more than when he was a baby! this year he's learned so much! he's more of a pro on the comp (scary), learned to tie his shoes both ways (easy and the regular methods), he makes chocolate milk and lemonade, he's riding his bike solo (without training wheels) he sits through whole movies.. with interest! this list could go on, but i'm a happy mommy!!
- i'm a lover of beauty powders. most of the beauty powders i've been able to buy from MAC. however, i was not into the novel twist shimmer powder thingies (??? go figure)
- i learned to use the bent eye liner (Get Bent liner from Benefit)
-i got the jet set waterproof liquid liner from Smashbox
-last year i resolved to doing my own makeup instead of relying on MA's for most of my looks and advice with products... yay! i'm pleased to say that i'm happier with my own looks than those that MA's have done for me!
- i went to makeup school!
-i'm comfortable with other foundations than just tinted moisturizers or sheer powder =) (i still adjust, lightly apply, etc. foundations for a natural coverage i'm comfortable with)
-i've discovered neutrals and browns that i'm in love with. coming from generationMAC, where all we saw and loved was bright, over the top color, learning about neutrals was a 360. i still have a lot of exploring to do.
-i finally made some biz cards!
-i still have Yummy411 up and running!
-i'm locking my hair!
-i've found some bras that have made me happy! (surprise, surprise! VS hasn't done better than these for this full figured lady, but maybe that's no surprise. i haven't tested their longevity, but we can say longer than 2 weeks!)
-Barbie Loves MAC has been one of my favorite collections!!
-i attended a cosmetic trend show..small, but a great thing!
-i attended the Semester at Sea reunion in NY and connected with friends that i hadn't seen in ages
-connecting with all of the other fantastic beauty bloggers has been so much fun =)
-Rock Band for PlayStation 3 is HOT!
-i saw one of my favorite movies, The Color Purple on Broadway!!
Let's revisit those '07 Beauty Resolutions and see how they turned out...
2007 Beauty Resolutions
1. Drink more water.
2. Get more beauty rest!
3. Start a dark under eye circle treatment.
3. Get to work on my lash treatment of a nigh time application of Vaseline.
5. Use more beauty products.. that i ACTUALLY OWN! I wanted to do a Rock the Gloss like Champagne and Lipgloss did (using a different gloss each day that I currently own), but I can't resist the urge to buy another lipgloss that's .002 shades lighter than my last fav gloss. I've used more of my foundations and powders that I actually own than buying more.
7. Go ahead and wear the crazy, funky clothes and ideas that cross my head. Not as interested in this idea anymore. I still like to wear interesting pieces and color combos, but I like the idea of dressing like a grown woman, lol.
HAHAHA! I'll work on the rest!
Here's a cool meme I did at the end of '06! I would do it again, but sadly most of the answers would be the same =(
What will be bigger, better, to come, etc. in 2008... only time will tell! I'll keep my goals to myself and report at the end of '08, God willing.
Here's to a great 2008 everyone!