Tuesday, January 09, 2007

New Year

I've dodged Christmas and New Years with no good beauty inspired themes, particularly because they weren't the best moments for me. Don't get me wrong, they weren't terrible, but nothing I anticipated with overwhelming joy.

However, I found this meme over at Ms JJ's spot. Fitting enough for the new year, even though I'm late.... and not beauty related. This is another one of the few posts that you'll read where you get to know a little bit more about Yummy.

1. What did you do in 2006 that you'd never done before?
Went to a Thai restaurant.

2. Did you keep your New Years' resolutions?
Didn't have one.

3. Did anyone you know give birth?
My last sister (that could qualify.. be old enough, etc.)

4. Did anyone you know die?
A great-Aunt.

5. What countries did you visit?
Only one. America, but I'll strive to change this in the '07.

6. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006?
Some goals achieved-- short term, mid term. What did I do to mark '06 as a year of growth in my life?

7. What dates from 2006 will remain etched upon your memory?
October 17th, 2006. My new nephew's birthday.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
End of my one year probation period on my job. Don't laugh. Small, but it is what it is LOL

9. What was your biggest failure?
Not making a move to change my 'situation.'

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
No, "thank you Jesus!"

11. What was the best thing you bought?
Two in my book: my patch work blazer that I love and a pair of boots for only $50 (they had my size, customer service was great and I had a $50 gift card!)

12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
BabyYum's.. he's closer to being potty trained!

13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
Can't name names, of course. However, men need to step up their game in the '07. Woman of my same cloth aren't going to deal with too much more BS!

14. Where did most of your money go?
Do you have to ask? With face hiding under a hat, "makeup."

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
The world of blogging.. ok take out one of the really's. It's interesting and I'm a part of it!

16. What song/album will always remind you of 2006? Lean wit it, rock wit it. The song was reincarnated in about 5 different songs or more. It almost became a movement.. ugh.

17. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Traveling and discovering outdoors, reading and exercising.

18. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Doubting myself.

19. Did you fall in love in 2006?
Nope.

20. How many one night stands in this last year?
Zero. Yummy can't get down like that.

21. What was your favourite TV program?
A cross between Run's House and Mommy Swap... family dynamics is so interesting to me

22. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
No, it's actually the other way around. While things aren't peachykeen, God has been working with me to let go of the hatred. You waste too much energy hating. If God loves you, then so do I.

23. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Would have is the key phrase here... being able to afford myself, ah oh well.

24. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006.
Two things... delayed gratification will help to teach discipline... AND... it's okay to be selfish sometimes; you need your sanity.

25. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year? "It's my party, I can cry if I want to.. cry if I want to," eh i gues.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I subscribe to few points. Congrats on your new nephew! This is a truly big thing for you!

yummy411 said...

Thank you Maddie! I love him so!