Monday, May 10, 2010

Loc Inspiration

For my sister, whose vision of beautiful, natural kinks are becoming jaded by the long and wavy! It's so easy to get swayed with the constant images of weaves and what our hair is not. I know the feeling, but I'm not ready to give up yet ;) Hang in there with me sis!




A short wavy do!



I love watching Lalah Hathaway in the media and seeing what she does to her locs.


Thierry Baptiste-- (from this post!)

Yummy411 posts here (hair progression) and here (locs with curls) beautiful!!

6 comments:

1xellus1 said...

Beautiful! I love our hair period. The world is anti-kink. Whateva! Even relaxed hair is pretty to me, so long as it is healthy. Thanks for sharing Sis. :O)

Nikkia Chanel said...

OK, even though I'm a relaxed beauty, these pictures inspire me especially that loc bob abd loc mo hawk. Love it!!

Tysh said...

These are some nice pictures, I can't wait to see what style you get.

...ALLmEYEne... said...

Great pictures. Its definintely easy to get lost, but I think positive images will definitely help.

Brea Ellis said...

I miss my locs!

Love your blog Kia...I'm nominating you for The Sunshine Award because your blog is Positive and Creative...just like you!

http://whatiworetiptotoe.blogspot.com/2010/05/shower-people-you-love-with-love.html

Reina said...

Ooo, you totally just gave me hair envy!