Saturday, May 03, 2008

Yummy411: Consume Consciously + FOTD!

Dear readers, I love Nireyna, this you all might already know. This FOTD was inspired by one of her recent looks (w/ tutorial). I don't have her eye shape, so I didn't follow her instructions completely. However, I gathered as many close colors as possible and tried to do something similar. I love it, I hope you all like it!



Face: Strobe lotion (I'll have to place this stuff carefully as it can look sweaty )= ), MSF Natural loose in medium dark--AGAIN, I HATE THE PACKAGING OF THIS STUFF!!!!

Cheeks: Eversun Beauty Powder Blush (I hate that it looks a bit unblended on camera.)

Eyes: UDPP, Otherworldly paint pot on lid, Red Earth's Acid 2 on lid, Jesse's Girl eye dust (in greenish-gold similar to MAC's Old Gold pigment) and Soft Brown e/s in crease, outer v Atlantic Blue (MAC Pro?) e/s, Pure Luxe's Moon Glow for highlight and Nicka's white e/s lightly at tear duct, Milani's Color Brilliance eye pencil in Aqua on lower lid and Smoulder eye liner on water line and to line top lid. Maybelline's XXL Volume Curl and L'Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black on lashes!

Lips: Buoy -o-buoy lipstick! (This might be my perfect nude. It looks more pink in pictures, but really it's better than Bare Slimshine lipstick in that it's not as 'moisturizing' or as pink.) It looks like I may or may not be wearing lipstick.
****************************************

Most of us (or you, LOL) are enjoying our weekends as we are blasting through Spring. Going out, letting your hair down and possibly partake in some spirits, of the liquid variety. With many of us working on weight, maintaining, losing or even struggling with it know that going out with friends can present a 'stick with' or sabotage the diet (ehemm, lifestyle) situation. As far as drinks are concerned, wine isn't your only choice when being calorie conscious. You have some options! Check out this fabulous list of low calorie drinks from Confessions of a Fitness Diva and enjoy the weekend guilt free!

Lemon drop (shot) - 35 cals

Purple Haze - 103 cals

Virgin Mary (shot) - 22 cals

Rum & Diet Coke - 115 cals

Tequila Rose (liquer) - 69 cals 1.5 oz

White Zinfandel - 80 cals 4 oz

Sidecar - 117 cals

Light beer - 110 cals

Non alcoholic beer - 70 cals

White Wine Spritzer - 40 cals

For more great fitness information and to read the rest of the article that this list was pulled from, check out Confessions of a Fitness Diva blog here!

29 comments:

ilurvemakeup said...

You look incredibly yummy!!! =9 I am lurvin' the colors on you!

Anonymous said...

I am loving those cool blues on your eyes, my friend! You should do that type of shade all of the time. :)

Have a good (remainder of your) weekend.

Nikkia Chanel said...

Very Pretty
Love the color combo

Amina said...

beautiful FOTD! Your locks look so beautiful!!

Vixenlibra said...

OH so VERY Pretty! Especially considering I wore a look similar to this yesterday. Mines wasn't as pretty, and it faded pretty quickly. I used Black Radiance eyeshadow quartet in Retro Chic. Is it the quality of the eyeshadow you think, or do I always need to use a primer?, which I have not invested in.

www.fabvixen.blogspot.com

yummy411 said...

@ ilurvemakeup: thanks chica!!

@ jen*: thank you!! i hope the rest of the weekend for you will be great as well!

@ slvlips: thanks hon!

@ nywele: aww thanks!

@ vixenlibra: thank you! i know the quad that you are talking about! great colors! yes a base is imperative. the base can make any shadow amazing. i used a base that's similar to the lightest aqua blue in that quad. it totally gives the eyeshadow color potentcy (sp?) or use Urban Decay's primer potion or L'Oreal's Decrease eye shadow primer and pack on the e/s. Let me know how it works! I'm glad you are posting again!

Anonymous said...

Yummy, you are THE GLAM GODDESS, dang I wish I had your eyebrows....

Mutha

Lola said...

i love the blue shades on you! you look absolutely stunning! one of the best fotd post i ever saw. :-)

Alyssia said...

aww u look soooo pretty! i love the combo on u! i've been pretty minimal lately, but i think u have sparked my interest in color again! oh and whats that nail color? its purty! lol

Anonymous said...

I love the makeup and shirt. The shirt is CUTE! I also love Nireyna, I want to favorite all her looks, but don't want to copycat too bad. She is awesome, her work is so detailed.

Kaye123

Product Junkie Diva said...

the look is great Yummy!!!
Product Junkie Diva

yummy411 said...

@ mutha (anon): thank you! that means so much.. AND you have gorgeous eyebrows. i'll put a kia's touch to them soon!

@ lola: thank you!!! awwww!!! nireyna got me beat by far!

@ tracez of my lipstick: hi!! good to hear from you! thank you!! yes! let's get fun and funky! on my nails is china glaze's frostbite. check the post below for more details.

@ Kaye123 (anon): thank you! i love the shirt too. if i wear it again in an fotd, don't say anything LOL it's my fav shirt right now =))) yes her work is awesome.. she's not doing all those tuts on youtube for nothing! let's put them to use! LOL

@ product junkie diva: thank you !!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh gosh, now I have another makeup tip place to stalk!

That look is great.

Anonymous said...

that lipstick looks so good on you. i might have to buy it now! i'm gonna try to get back into doing hair when i can =)

Anonymous said...

I think Bouy-oh-bouy is THE perfect nude; I've never found a more flattering neutral color! Sadly the formula dries my lips out like a mofo, so back it goes to MAC.

yummy411 said...

@ jewells: thank you! i welcome stalking and comments!

@ spankedelic: thank you! yes do try it out!

@ mandypandy: wow an overwhelming positive review on something!... that still doesn't fit the bill, darn! almost mandy, almost! no carmex or anything before the lipstick won't help?

Christiana Divine @ Memoirs of A Shopping Addict said...

i LOVE these colors on you! GOREGOUS. :D

yummy411 said...

thank you christiana! i was so glad to find a way to wear the colors from the mcqueen collection that was just my style!

MakeupByRenRen said...

wow that is one hot look, it's one of my favs on you!

Brown Girl Gumbo said...

You look stunning!! I wish I could wear eye shadow. For some reason it just looks hideous on me. :-(

yummy411 said...

@ makeupbyrenren: thank you! i think so too ;)

@ brown girl gumbo: thank you!! go on youtube... that's where i got the idea of these colors!

Vanessa said...

I LOOOOOVVVVE this look on you! You look gorgeous as always! Those colors are beautiful on you, and I just love the PRO colors!

I don't think Mutiny pigment is a must have, but it's a nice sky blue color, MAC PRO has the sky blue pigment so it's definitely not an item that you gotta run out and get, but if you just want to collect more items like me, LOL, then yes pick em up! LOL

I miss you doll, i've been layin' low for a bit!

Connie De Alwis said...

that look is gorgeous! I've never really wanted to try sharp blue and now I want to. looks beautiful. thanks!

Anonymous said...

You totally rock the aqua-blue eye look! looks fantastic. It's not that often someone can carry off a beautiful blue like that. Now I'm feeling the itch to try it out too :)

B said...

Yumsss, I'm all tardy, but excuse me. Beautiful! Buoy "however you spell it" looks soooo good on you.

Yannize said...

babygirl, you have not had a nude until you have had mally rancal's nude lip set! thats a nude for ya!

(g)ezebel said...

wow! i think this is my favorite look on you!!

girrrl, i loooove me some lemon drops. :0)

mandilicious said...

this is A-mazing..i will have to try this look..you pull off blues so well!

yummy411 said...

@ vanessa: thank you!!! oh okay cool to know! i've missed you too! i've kept up a bit with you on the blog and know you are going through a rough time right now. we are here for you!

@ connie: oohhh try it! i know it'll be gorgeous on you!

@ beauty tyrant: you too! do it, do it, do it!

@ divine blackness: thank you chica!!!

@ yannize: hey show us what it looks like on you. i know you've reviewed her kit before, but let us see!!!

@ (g): thank you! oh you do?? i'll def have to try it now.

@ mandilicious: thank you thank you! i would love to see something like this on you.