Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Happy 'SugarSweet' Easter

Hi honeys!
So I wanted to try a great Sugarsweet look (using the MAC collection products) which I thought was right in time for Easter.

First, let me show you my recent mani!
I went to the nail shop feeling the Spring weather with my never worn OPI's Greenwich Village, or as a backup, another OPI, Nicole Alert.

Of course when I get there I change my mind for another Famous brand nail polish. A fun duochrome/iridescent polish. (Real nail bloggers correct me because I'm not sure which category this falls into.) It's not your regular peacock deeper turquoise, green and blue. It's more sky blue, purple, light turquoise. I like to think of this as iridescent fairy wings. The name of this shade is Vanity Fair or something of that sort. So pretty! It seemed to glow the first day I wore it!


(The only okay pic in artificial light, showing the iridescence. Yeh, that's mouthwash.. y'all know the bathroom is the studio!)
On to the look:
I saw an MUA with this look on. So hot! Had to give it a go myself! I'm anxious to try Passionate e/s anyway I can!

FACE: Nada
CHEEKS: MAC Blossoming Creme Blush
EYES: Painterly paint pot all over lid
Red Velvet shadestick on 2/3 of lid
Pagan e/s on inner corner/tear duct
Lighter purple (iridescent) half of L'Oreal HiP's Reckless Duo
Passionate e/s on outer corner
Crease is an orange, can use Juiced, Rule or Orange, but I missed
NARS Taj Mahal blush and Dazzlelight e/s for that color
Black liquid liner, MAC's Penultimate Liner
Auto-de-bleu technakohl liner on waterline, Blue Storm e/s to smudge
NW25 Studio Finish concealer
MUFE Smoky Lash mascara
LIPS: Shygirl Cremesheen l/s and Bare Necessity dazzleglass


Did you notice one of my lashes looked a bit funky? (My left lash, your right) I tried a number by Revlon and you add piece by piece. Not my cup of tea. I shall try some others. Review coming soon!

This look actually looked better on the MUA's monolid. What would you do to up the amp of this look? I love it, but I feel like it needs something else....

17 comments:

Jamilla Camel said...

Nada on your face...that's amazing!! Your skin is wonderful, and I love the Sugar Sweet look on you!!

MakeupBliss said...

You pretty little Easter Bunny! The look is too cute! You have really good skin..what is your skin regime?

AskMeWhats said...

Hey sorry I wont' be giving you any other advise but this works so well as it is!!!!

Erin said...

I love this look on you as well!!! I don't think it needs anything else.

And you have great skin!!!

KillaCamilla said...

that nail polish is cute! it looks like that paint on cars that changes colors.

that look is hotness..you remind me that i need to use colors more.

Connie De Alwis said...

Ahhh!! So Bright!! LOVES <3 And saved into my Looks folder :D

Nikkia Chanel said...

Your skin is glowing!!! What's your skin regimen these days and love the eye look very cute. Loving the polish as well

Unknown said...

Wow, this is a lovely look! I love that lip color as well :)

Miss Fancy said...

Lovin this look. I agree with that ladies that you don't need anything else added to this look. But. . . .I also know how you feel when you say it needs something else. The only thing I would do to add to this is possibly add some glitter to the outside of your lid. I can't think of the name of the hot pink glitter that M.A.C. made a few years back, but that is all I would add. I don't think you need it, but if you wanted to add a little sumthin sumthin to it, that might be a nice added feature.

Shana Janelle said...

Girl you know you dont need nothing else on this look! I love it! I have those Revlon lashes. I only put them in the outer corners though...

Ugochi said...

the look is hot - no changes is my vote!

yummy411 said...

@ jamilla camel: thanks love!!

@ makeupbliss: hahaha! thanks! my skincare regimen is nothing special-- i wash with clearasil sensitive skin formula, exfoliate once a week with loreal's skingenesis exfoliating face wash, tone with loreal toner, and moisturize with oil of olay complete daily moisturizer.

@askmewhats: thanks nikki!

@ erin: thank you! i just broke out in like 4-5 pimples too =p

@ killacam: thanks! also the polish is shinier in person. that would be hot to see you work with more colors, but there's an art to neutrals too. keep giving us the hot lip combos!!

@ connie: thanks!! aww that's like the ultimate compliment. i appreciate that!

@ slvrlips: thanks! check above to see my skin regimen in reply to makeupbliss. the polish is famous brand!!

@ dao: thanks hun!!

@ robyn: thanks so much! you know i have a bunch of glitters just for that.. now why couldn't i think of that??? lol i'm so silly, but that's a perfect addition and i can't wait to try it this weekend!

@ shana: thank you! yeh i'm sure just wearing one piece on the outer lash is better, but i just wanted to see how it would work with all the pieces.. ehhh

@ beauty365: thanks doll!!

Kim Patterson said...

I really like the look. I am not sure what else you could add. Maybe glitter? I really like glitter these days. Yum.

Vanessa M. said...

lovely!!

B said...

Honestly....how does your eyeshadow look airbrushed? We must talk about this....lol, beautiful!! Totally lovin' the nail look.

Apple Diva said...

Very pretty!!!

Brooke said...

Gorgeous!! One of my faves you have done :)