Monday, February 17, 2014

Beyonce Rise Fragrance Review


It's been said that Beyonce' named her new fragrance Rise because she was inspired by her favorite Maya Angelou poem, Still I Rise.



I wonder if Beyonce' watched Moesha with the rest of us and saw Maya Angelou preaching to the young homie, Moesha? (Forward to the 9:48 mark)

 
International BusinessTimes reports that Marsha Brooks, vice president of global marketing for Cody, described the scent to WWD as having "a strong sense of 'overcoming adversity and rising above it all." She adds that,"The fragrance concept is about female empowerment and finding the inner strength that makes women so beautiful."

It was cool to read that, but I wasn't sure if I was convinced.  Her fragrance is debuting on the heels of her new album release that promotes sexual freedom. When I saw Rise, my mind thought maybe this is Bey's idea of a scent that will get a rise out of a man! Ha!  I bought this on mere speculation.  There wasn't  even a tester yet and I don't own any of her other fragrances.

Rise has notes of apricot, Italian bergamot and iced basil sorbet. The main note of the perfume is  "Golden Symphony" orchid mixed with freesia and Sambac jasmine flowers.  Base notes are autumn woods, cashmere, musk and vetiver. 

The packaging is low key regal with a golden structured top to encase the light golden liquid.

Overall, the scent isn't bad, but it's character is not unique. I bought this 15ml bottle at Walgreens for $20.



Have you seen or smelled Rise?  Do you like it?  What have you heard about it?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Honestly this is the first time seeing or hearing of this fragrance. I am such a sucker for packaging.

yummy411 said...

Yeh I think that's what sucked me in :p

The Cosmetic Diet Blog said...

i hadn't heard about this fragrance until this post lol my mother owns heat and loves it, i'm not too fond of it though

Unknown said...

I didn't realize she had a new fragrance. I love that bottle, but I'm not a fan of her other fragrances, so I'd be reluctant to buy one. I'll have to go and check it out (if the tester is available now, lol)!

Anonymous said...

Love the Moesha clip. I've never bought a celebrity fragrance before. Which ones have you bought and loved the most?

yummy411 said...

Hi Audrey, google didn't notify me you left a comment. Sorry about that. I've bought quite a few celeb scents and I think my favorite would have to be Kimora Lee Simmons Baby Phat Goddess Gold. I picked it up after a long while as a Fall scent just last week.

seattlesearchengineoptimization.net said...

Wow...Excellent Review...Never saw a review for Perfumes...Definitely have your own little niche!

Спашоп said...

Привет! Мне бы хотелось открыть салон парикмахерскую. У кого-то из читательниц есть опыт в этом? Очень большой выбор оборудования для салонов красоты. Кто может помочь советом? Какой магазин лучше выбрать для то чтобы купить Косметическое зеркало и это Баночный воск. Я выбираю среди этих магазинов Spashop.com.ua, Venko.com.ua, Newfacebeauty.pl, Ukrmedgarant.com.ua.

Виктория said...

Привет, я уже в третий салон покупаю всю мебель и оборудование на сайте vsalon.com.ua . Ребята все делают под заказ по моим замерам, всегда качественно и красиво. Все довольны, это главное. Рекомендую.

MAC Lipsticks Canada said...

Free bangla sex video:careful
Mac Lipstick Matte Taupe 09 Mac Women’s Lipstick three grams. Mac is a brand of beauty. Formulated to shade, outline, and showcase the lips, M·A·C Lipstick is to be had in every nuance of your favorite color and high-style texture.
MAC Lipsticks Canada