Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Chapstick True Shimmer

Chapstick is one of those classic products that I grew up with. It satisfies that basic, simple need to moisturize and soothe dry lips. Convenient, pocket friendly and unisex. How LL Cool J hasn't gotten hip to this product, I don't know. He would probably stop licking his lips so much. No ladies, that is not sexy! I digress.

Chapstick's newest product is the Chapstick True Shimmer ($2.50-$3)-- flavorful balm with shimmer for a bit of sparkle. This item has been on shelves for a little while now, but Chapstick introduced two new flavors: Peppermint Rush and Blended Fruit Sherbert.

Of the existing flavors, I had only tried Tropical after reading Brittany's review. Me no likey. It was a bit pasty for my lips and there wasn't much more to write home about. Blended Fruit Sherbert was quite tastey, but I needed it to be more. Peppermint Rush is a blue stick, but not to worry. The color is very subtle. This concoction soothes lips and is minty fresh which is A+ in my book. The shimmer isn't as noticeable. While I could take regular Chapstick or even cherry Chapstick any day, the Peppermint Rush is definitely a bonus to the line!

Have you tried this? Did our old classic need a shimmery update?

3 comments:

Connie De Alwis said...

I have the tropical one but not opened yet. the ad's cute though!

Phyllis Bourne said...

I've been tempted, but haven't actually bought one yet.

yummy411 said...

@ connie: i like the ad too!

@ phyllis b.: if you like menthol/mint in your lip products try the mint flavor. it's worth the temptation!