Thursday, October 30, 2008

Yummy411: NYC Molten Metal



Got my nails done and here is the new color: NYC's Molten Metal ($2). My sister swatched it for me before. I wasn't as impressed, but my love of shimmer and glitter got the best of me. I wanted something brighter this time around, so Molten Metal is was. It's part of the Metro Metals Collection. This marble blush is also from the Metro Metals Collection.

The color is a taupe-ish silver, full of a grainy, aluminum like metallic shine-- not gritty to the touch, however. This metallic isn't like most metallics that have a hard shiny fluid, almost plasma like finish. I like this polish-- a neutral color, but a party on my nails at the same time. Great balance! (Check All Lacquered Up's review!)I went for 3 coats to achieve this color. Two coats would have been sufficient, but I wanted more. I had to pay. Of course, three coats done at the nail shop meant getting a rushed job and not adequate dry in between applications. I have Seche Vite as a top coat, but the nail tech's rushed job wasn't helping with streaking and disturbing my last application of the Molten Metal.

Overall, I like this polish and glad I have it in my collection!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

wow, interesting color here :) NYC nail polishes are not so bad after all. The regular ones are 99 cents so this one is a little bit special.

AskMeWhats said...

oh wow! Molten Metal looks HOT HOT HOT! and it's $2.00??? Ohh this is something worth looking into

The App Goddess said...

Love it! I don't have a silver polish in that color and finish.

Nikkia Chanel said...

That is a hot color. Very Pretty

B said...

I have this color and I love it!

SuzieC said...

Pretty color!

Mischo Beauty said...

Love it! It reminds me of the metallic nail polish I've seen Bey wearing lately. Good pick! :)

Alyssia said...

We are def polish twins...this is my mani right now! It's definitely a hot color!

Unknown said...

Molten Metal...I love the color! Metallics are hot this season!

Anonymous said...

wow i love this color! and its only $2! i love shimmery paint as they are easier to go on nails and not so noticeable with mess.. hehe

yummy411 said...

@ dao: you know everyone has to have a LE collection/special..=p but i don't mind, i LOVE the color!

@ askmewhats: thanks! get it! get it! get it! ;)

@ homespagoddess: see my response to askmewhats! ;)

@ slvrlips, b, suziec: thank you!!!

@ mischo beauty: aww don't tell me that! i love b's nails!! thank you!!

@ alyssia: we are! i love it too!

@ jovon higgins: thank you!! how are you?

@ prettybeautiful: i agree!