Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Yummy411: Eva Mendes and CK's Secret Obsession

New scent from Calvin Klein, new poster girl in the campaign. That poster girl is Eva Mendes, who created the controversial commercial for the ad that you see above. Wanna ask her about it? You have the opportunity to do so (or about anything else for that matter) by visiting the Secret Obsession's Facebook page and leaving your question on the wall. Eva will select 5 of the questions and answer them in a special post hosted by our friends over at BellaSugar. Hurry and get your questions in. You have between now and Thursday!

Being more or less of an Obsession fan (have you been put to sleep by Obsession Night?), I jumped at the opportunity to try the newest fragrance. Top Notes are plum, rose, and mace. Followed by middle notes of jasmine, orange flower, and tuberose. Lastly, the base notes of burnt amber, cashere woods, vanilla, and sandalwood come into play (basenotes.net). Sounds flirty, sensual and warm, no? I wanted to have love at first site, stick around for a drink and maybe even have a night cap, but all was lost when I was forced into a dirty night cap (think: bad date with Flava Flav.) The heady base notes came charging full force ahead. I tried to wait for a good dry down and get to the middle notes, but those strong notes of burnt amber and other woodsy, incense smells stayed right on until I was overwhelmed. After all, those are the base notes, end of story. My chemistry probably reacted to the fragrance in such a way, but with all the controversy it's worth your curiosity to try it and putting your stamp of approval (or disapproval) on it.

Tried it? Love it? Hate? Tell me what you think!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey girl! What is your email? Hit me @ ruralglamour@yahoo.com

J

Mrs. Lynne, MakeupFix.net said...

I'm definitely in the market for some good scents. This one is going on the list to check out. Thanks ma!

Vanessa said...

OMG my BF loves her!

yummy411 said...

@ jamie: i'll hit you up..

@ mrs.lynne: yeh check and out and see what you think...any other fragrances you're looking forward to?

@ vanessa: really? i do too! LOL!

MUA_Farrah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MUA_Farrah said...

Great blog. I will definitely check this fragrance out.
If you like oriental scents like vanilla and sandalwood, you'll probably like Thierry Mugler's Alien, Armani Code, and maybe even Vera Wang's Princess.

Anonymous said...

Haven't taken a whiff, but now you have my interest piqued.

SuzieC said...

This is something I would love! I love the smell of tuberose, amber and jasmine. I'm going to check this out.

Anonymous said...

Hey Yummy,

I believe that the woman wearing the white pantsuit is Donna Karen.

I will look again to be sure.

Muthasfynest

Jessica Dee said...

Honestly, perfume is not my bestfriend! I'll sneeze and my nose will be scrunched up and wiggling till I shower it off! Well it actually depends, fresh light smells I can take but some stuff just KILLS MEEEE! It's so sad lol

yummy411 said...

@ chaz_turner: thanks!! i actually like armani code and VW's princess... i haven't really sniffed the thierry mugler fragrance.. though i'm a fan of his other scents! thanks for the suggestions!

@ b-more bap: let us know what you think!

@ suziec: i'd love to hear what you have to say about this!

@ muthasfynest: ooh in the other post! good looking out! i looked it up and it is her!!!

@ jessica dee: i am the same way, but zyrtec d entered into my life and i'm pretty much free again! ;)