Thursday, April 10, 2008

Yummy411: Damaged Inspired FOTD

I wanted to use the two Milani Runway Shadows that I finally posted about (not an official review). This past week instead of catching up on the traffic and weather scene, I've been tuning in to music videos. It seems like MTV is up to their old stuff. Do they have one music/video dvd for the morning? Every morning Danity Kane's Damaged comes on. The makeup worn looked like I could achieve it with my new shadows, so I thought I could try to do something similar....

My FOTD is semi-inspired by the Damaged video:



The song is okay, the lyrics.. hmm I can relate somewhat. Either way, here are some stills for you:


And here's me LOL.. I said I was semi inspired!



FACE: Almay Face Brightener Sheer Shimmer SPF 15 in Bronze Afterglow, MAC MSF Natural Pressed in Medium Plus, cheeks- Trace Gold and Harmony blushes (my face looked prettier and had more of a bronze glow in person.. esp. my cheeks!)

EYES: brows- Cork e/s, Layin Low paint pot, Milani Silver Charm on lid, Milani Bronze Doll in crease, brown half of HiP's Brazen Duo in outer v, Maybelline liquid eyeliner to line top lid, HiP's color truth cream eyeliner in Teal on bottom lashline with Bang on Blue e/s over it, Silver Charm on tear duct. Maybelline XXL Curl Power Microfiber Mascara with some Loreal Voluminous thrown in (a couple of coats!)

LIPS: L'Oreal Golden Splendor l/s with MAC's Crescent lipglass


A bit more cam whoring... see those lashes in the last pic? Gah, I hate having two totally different eyes!

18 comments:

ilurvemakeup said...

You just damaged my heart cuz I can't kiss you thru my monitor :( I love how you added a touch of teal :)

I love that song, idk why, but my honey is always saying when I play it, "Are those girls brain damaged?" Then I yell at him lol :P

B said...

Giiiiirl, you are rockin' the hell out of this! Seriously. The lashes look good and the blue liner is just amazing. My best friend is sittin' here lookin' at my laptop and is like, "Her brows are amazing!!!"

I was like, "Yep...that's my Yums. Fab, ain't she?"

Get it...

Amina said...

great look! You're so talented with make-up. Can you tell us more about your locks some day? maintenance etc..They look great :)

Anonymous said...

i'm gonna have some product giveaways on my page. if you're interested, please go on my page and email me. rules are on my page. there will be THREE winners. Contest ends next friday. if you wanna win, send me an email of your name and address.

Anonymous said...

Hey Yummy!!! What do you use to apply your MSF? TIA!

Afrodite said...

I love the eyes. How do you create that effect? It's so pretty! It seems like you always pick the right colors.

P.S. Are those fake lashes?

yummy411 said...

@ ilurvemakeup: lol@ your hubby!

@ divine blackness: awww thanks B.. to you and your BFF!

@ nywele: hey amina! thanks! i've done a few hair posts, but i'll try to fit some more in for ya ;)

@ spankadelic: gotcha! thanks!

@ coffee: how have you been girlie?! for the msf natural (pressed) i used a kabuki brush. for the blusher types, i like to use the duo fibre stippling brush.

@ afrodite: which effect are you speaking of? let me know... it might be something i can do a tutorial on! =))

yummy411 said...

oh p.s. those aren't falsies, they are lotsa lotsa mascara and primer =))

Nikkia Chanel said...

Hey Kia
What primer are you using? I always tell you your real lashes look like falsies and today is no different. I love your lashes. Very pretty look !!!
Thanks for sharing

yummy411 said...

hey slvrlips! thanks!! honestly let me give you the low down. it's layered mascara! i did my face at the end of the day. i used maybelline's XXL curl mascara.. it's the two step type primer, then mascara. i used voluminous in conjunction with that. then about 3 hours later, i got home and wanted to try this fotd. to cover the fall out from the shadow, i used more voluminous and the mascara end of the maybelline mascara. drag, runway lashes, minus the falsies! LOL

Anonymous said...

I've been good, hon! Weight is pretty steady. Some days are better than others. I wish I had the time to spend on my blog. But, it's busy season in my world. So after 12-15 hour days, I can't even think! But, thanks to you for providing a GREAT distractions for me! Keep it up! What Kabuki brush would you rec?.....oh wait, maybe it's in that brush post you did a little while back. I'll go check that first!

Thanks!

yummy411 said...

hey coffee! good to hear.. i know how it can be, because after all this is just a hobby! i use MAC's kabuki. i used to use a target kabuki but after about a year almost two years, it began to get super scratchy on my face. the mac brush is heaven sent, but i'm sure conditioning the target version might have done the job. i bought a kabuki from coastal scents, but i haven't reported on that just yet. love to hear from you! stay in touch ;)

nilla cookie said...

Aww Kia, you beat me to it! I'm abnormally obsessed with Danity Kane and I've been wanting to do Damage-inspired looks too, it's just been so busy!!

You did a great job girl! I love the lips!!

yummy411 said...

hey lilan! thanks... i love seeing your fotd's so i can't wait until you do yours (when you recover from Chi town of course)! we need to do our next challenge too! this would have been a cool theme ;)

AskMeWhats said...

I love this look! Nice to have stumbled through your blog. Keep up :D

yummy411 said...

thank you askmewhats!

(g)ezebel said...

i like...! but you forgot the hot pink lipstick...!

and please don't torture us again with danity kane. :0/

yummy411 said...

(g) LOL! the first girl (dawn?) doesn't have on the hot pink...

the poor girls need some love too (g)