Tuesday, January 08, 2013

My neon border nails

Merry Christmas! Happy New Year!

Hey guys! I guess I took a holiday break. I totally intended to share my holiday festivities and looks, but they happened quick and fast and often times I didn't feel my looks were anything to write home about.  If they were, they ended up on IG ;-p   Follow me on IG @yummy411.   How was your holiday?

To start off 2013 posts, I want to share my new nails I'm excited about! I wanted to try border nails. I was turned down by one salon, but found another that was up for the challenge. The nail tech was awesome.  We both ogled over nail art pics on IG! You have to love that!

See my photos below:

The tech based my nails with Famous Brand polish's Baby Purple, a nice pinky lilac.  Then, outlined the nail with an electric orange.  (I don't know the brand or color name.) 

I like that the base color looks pink at times, then lilac and then other times a mother of pearl sort of color.  It's a cream polish, but to me it can look different in different lights in contrast to the bright orange.  

I want to try this again.. I'm cooking up a different color combo..hmmmmm.  Maybe some Winter colors since it is still Winter?

Have you tried border nails?

9 comments:

Unknown said...

very cute love the color combo :)

Dre said...

Cute nails! I'm loving this color combo also! I haven't tried neon border nails but looking at yours definitely make me want to. Perhaps a baby blue paired with an electric green border next time? I've gotta add this to my must-try list.

The Cosmetic Diet Blog said...

i haven't tried border nails but they look fab!

yummy411 said...

@ nails boutiqued: thanks doll!

@ miss dre: thanks! you are on it! i thought of that combo too with !! but with vday coming up, i was thinking my fave mod about you pink with a glittery red border... i wonder if that's possible!?!?!?!? hmmmmmmm

@ joanne: thanks dearest! they are more stunning in person ..well i like them more in person, than the pics... hehe

Unknown said...

Thts cute Kia!! Hey girl, how've u been...?

Bis said...

Cool! Haven't tried this design.

1xellus1 said...

I've never tried this technique. It's so cute. I was surprised when you said 1tech turned you down. Love the special effect on the pics!

G Jones said...

I like, they're so different & unique!

Teri said...

I am LOVING the color combination and design. Great job!