Wednesday, September 19, 2012

June Ambrose Inspired FOTD


When June Ambrose stepped out in her Nanette Lepore outfit to attend the designer's show, she rocked my world. It took me a second to take it all in, but once I did I was instantly taken back to my  time in Chennai, India where I was mesmorized by the colors and fabrics worn by the women.  

To appreciate my experience, I also bought and wore salwar kameezes and had a saree custom made.

 From the Nanette Lepore line,  June's outfit is made up of the pants and a dress.  I love what she did with this from the hot pink head scarf to the heeless snakeskin shoes (Giuseppes?).  The color palette of her outfit blew me away.  I was inspired to do an FOTD.   See below!



 EYES:
MAC Paint Pot in Nubile
Maybelline Color Tattoo Gold Shimmer
MAC Paint Pot in Pharoah
MUFE #92
A hot pink pigment from MAC (sample)
Revlon color stay liquid liner
NYX Teal liner
Lashes MAC # 35
Nw25  concealer

FACE:
MAC Prolong Wear bronzer
Cork eye shadow for slight conturing
MAC Peony Petal blush

LIPS
Naughty Sautee lipstick
Kiss Me Quick Prolong lip pencil
(lurrrve this combo!)    





8 comments:

Keisha said...

Gorgeous! I love the vibrant colors!! I so want to try and pull off this look.

TurtleLovesBeauty said...

You got me ready to pull out my brights again. Beautiful!!

FabEllis said...

My goodness! This is so gorgeous! Love it!

Unknown said...

Um yeah, this is FABULOUS! I need to dupe this ASAP... This is so beautiful!

The Cosmetic Diet Blog said...

This is stunning! I recently found gold simmer and I've been in love since! btw, u berta Weeerrqq!

1xellus1 said...

gawjus!

yummy411 said...

thanks ladies!!!

@keisha and @la: i can't wait to see your versions!

Pumps And Gloss said...

I love the colors in her outfit. My dream is to go to India to buy fabrics.