Thursday, June 09, 2011

Birthday Break!


Darby Girlssssss! We are missing a few, but it's okay!

I went to Buddha Bar in DC for happy (birthday) hour. I had an awesome time seeing old friends and family that came out and helped me celebrate my bday. It was my first time there and the rock fish tempura is sooooooooo good, topped off by the key lime martini I asked to be concocted --that was absolutely delish!

My sisters came and had cake for me towards the end of the night. That was the best surprise! A cake shaped like a MAC eye shadow aaannddd it matched my outfit! =p They held me down! They usually complain that my tastes are too exotic and they don't ever know what I'd like... cake and makeup= heaven!

I'm just wondering, out of the three of us, why am I the one that made it to work bright and early!?! Well, the party continues...............

Thanks to everyone that left bday wishes on Twitter and FB. I appreciate the love!!!! *CHEESE*

I should mention something about my makeup? I worked on my birthday so I brought my change of outfit with me, but forgot my special makeup. So.... I had to wing it with my trusty everyday faves... in a rush. Don't ask. Without a colored liner, glitter or something to add some spice, I opted to change up my favorite liquid liner. I had run across Killer Colors' liner look that I knew I could pull since I had done similar in the past. Her look is cleaner.. you just can't rush liquid liner.

I was gifted Artistry's Light Up gloss by my cousins and I really like it.. a great cool sparkle, light and neutral.

13 comments:

Tysh said...

You look beautiful, and I love the cake we are such MAC Addicts

Unknown said...

Love the MAC cake! Your makeup look is so pretty!

yummy411 said...

Thanks Tysh and Jacquelyn! LOL

Stylin' & Profilin' said...

You looked GAWGeous, as always ;)

Destinee said...

Love the makeup and the MAC cake! Too cute!

Shana Janelle said...

you look gorgeous! So upset I missed it...and that cake! Happy Birthday again babe! *hugs*

Mz More said...

Happy Birthday hon. You look gorgeous, all of you guys. Love the cake!

gg said...

i like that dress! happy birthday hon.

Anonymous said...

Lovely! i miss my lox when i see you...


Mutha

Anonymous said...

We had a blast. Love you!!

yummy411 said...

thanks so much everyone!!!

Anonymous said...

I have that dress! You lookd Hawt!! Happy Belated Birthday ma!

Shawnta said...

Happy Bilated Birthday! You look gorgeous and I love the cake!