Monday, March 16, 2009

Essence April 2009

  1. The cover is pink!
  2. It's not Beyonce (as much as I love her) nor Will and Jada. Yeh!
  3. Iman is ageless. period.
  4. Feeding my obsession with Taraji
  5. Au naturale!
  6. They have the perfect pink stained look on their lips and cheeks, like what I'd expect out of Smashbox O-glow
  7. Flawless skin and not overly done brows
  8. Taraji's bob!

Do you have this issue? I couldn't get past the front cover.. okay I did. Only to get stuck on the Essence.com preview page. Hot damn! Go girl!!!!!!!!!!! I'm beaming with pride. THEN, I had to go all the way to Tia's page just to realize she penned the cover story! Ahhh, this is a special edition of Essence for me!

8 comments:

sarahPUFFY! said...

I heart Taraji's bob...her hair = fierceness

Celia said...

Only thing I know about Taraji was that she had the most gorgeous dress at the oscar... she's pretty.

To have Iman's skin. Dayum.

psychoexgirlfriend said...

Taraji is so pretty! I loved her at the Oscars. <3

Milly said...

Taraji looks nice! And yes miss Iman is ageless!

Nikkia Chanel said...

I got mine copy in the mail a week ago and it took me a day or two just to get past the cover. I adore Taraji's hair cut and I have officially made her cut my turning 30 fabulous do. Now I just need to find someone who can cut my hair in that style.

yummy411 said...

@ sarahpuffy: i know! i love it!

@ celly: i agree!

@ psychogirlfriend: such a proud moment!

@ milly: i know right?!

@ slvrlips: great choice!! such a great transition from the rihanna cuts! if i had my hair out, this would be my first time wanting and going after a celeb do!

Erin said...

I got this issue and like you I kept staring at the cover page. They all look so fabulous. I find that Essence ALWAYS has the people's makeup look FLAWLESS.


I love me some Taraji, I think she's a pretty woman!! And I wish to look like Iman at her age!! And I praise God for Serena's stylist and makeup artist...I will just leave it at that...LOL.

Anonymous said...

I have read most of this magazine and I love the ageless beauties. So many tipes for younger women to use. I love the makeup tips.