Monday, September 22, 2008

Yummy411: Weekend FOTD

Hey lovelies! How was your weekend? I'm sure we've shared if you are part of the gang on Twitter. You aren't? Shame on you! It's blogger central! LOL Seriously, if you want more of the blog goodness, no new posts and you wonder what's going on in the blogosphere... people are tweeting away. Yes, even Barak Obama tweets. Follow me!

But! If you aren't on Twitter and/or want to see some pics, here are the highlights of my weekend:

Saturday- Woke up early to go to Saturday school with the kidYums... Kid Yoga and Gymnastics.. what a blast! Great way to spend a great mild weathered Saturday morning with my sweetheart. No pics. I didn't want to be that parent, but quite a few people had cams for our first Saturday school. It was also a great way get a cool intro to yoga. I was feeling it a bit afterwards.. eeks!

Up next, Murder Mystery Dinner at Blair Mansion for my friend's bday. I've never been to a murder mystery show before, so I was kinda freaking out about what to wear. Went on a hunt.. didn't quite find anything decent, but I did find these to pair with a LBD from my closet. Score!

Here's an fotd for my night out: FACE: Studio Fix Fluid NC44, MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Loose Powder Foundation, CoverGirl Mineral Bronzer in Light and Brown Bronzes
EYES: HiP Duo in Gilded on eyes (I decided on gold accessories with the black); gold half on lid and tear duct, bronze/black in crease and outer v. Maybelline liquid liner to line top lid. Revlon ColorStay pencil on waterline. Purple eye shadow on bottom lid, and a bit of violet pigment to lighten it up. Concealer as hight light. Dermablend concealer in Tan under eyes. Ardell Luckies lashes and Maybelline Colossal mascara.
LIPS: At some point before going in to the place, I put on some Viva Glam 5 lipglass.

The show's title was "The Night that Disco Died". Here's a glimpse into our night!
I couldn't believe the shoes!


Happy Birthday Leonard! Love you! (He's also the awesome photographer that shoots all of the work that I've displayed on the blog. For more info on our work, click here!)

22 comments:

AskMeWhats said...

you are so rocking the look! you look HOT and the final shot with Leonard is so pretty!

Connie De Alwis said...

you look so steamy, Kia. *winks* Extra point for the touch of purple shadow on the lower lashline! Glad you had an awesome weekend :)

Nikkia Chanel said...

hot, hot, hot very pretty look

Jennifer @ www.aegiscode.net said...

damn girl u look HOT!!! love this look, gotta try it one day

ooo i always wanted to go to a murder mystery, sounds like so much fun!

Jessica Dee said...

you look goorggeeeoouuus! That look is HOTT!

Seymone said...

pURE HOTNESS

missannabanna said...

VERY pretty look. love tha purple liner especially :)

beautylogicblog said...

you hot mamma!

B said...

LOL @ "be that parent". I'm sooo probably going to be THAT one. OMG, at the pimp suit. That's classic and I LOVE it!! You look so prettyful. Those freakin' lashes. Ohmigoodness, I need mine to look like that STAT!

MakeupByRenRen said...

wow your eyes are amazing! love them! happy bday leonard! i went to a mystery dinner theatre for my bday this year too, it was hilarious!

Unknown said...

I thought you hit the Tempting quad again but you used L'Oreal HIP this time. You look great girlfriend :)

Brown Girl Gumbo said...

Your makeup looks flawless as usual!! Your hair is cute too! :-)

SuzieC said...

Love it!! I can't wait to get my HIP Metallic Shadows!

Vanessa M. said...

your soo pretty! i love yellows on you!

Unknown said...

I love this look. Your eyes are so gorgeous! :D

achoiceofweapons said...

The photos are beautiful. I just stopped by. Hey check out my Kongo square chat with Ananda Leeke, a yoga instructor and the one with Renee Manning a bodybuilder I interviewed.
Jaycee

marisol said...

Wow I love this look! I am new to your blog and very happy to have found it.

Also following you on Twitter... isn't it addictive?

Anonymous said...

You look fabulous. I'm glad that you had fun!!

Anonymous said...

Loving the look honey!!! And look at how long your locs are!! OMG!!!

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

Your eyes really pop with this makeup. Beautiful!

yummy411 said...

@ askemewhats: thanks lady!

@ connie: thanks! i had to tie in my purple nails somewhere LOL

@ slvrlips: thanks!

@ jennifer l: i would love to see your version. yes, find one and go.. this one was a blast!

@ jessica dee, annabanna,seymone, dominican enigma: thank you all :))))

@ b: oooh you like my lashes! thanks! falsies girl, falsies.. when are you gonna play with the falsies for the newbs??? come on, i wanna see some drama lady!

@ makeupbyrenre: thanks! i'll tell him you said happy bday ;)

@ dao: hahaha no tempting quad this time!

@ bgg: thank you! i'm glad you think my hair looks nice. it needs maintenance sooooo badly!!

@ suziec: now you got your shadows and no cam =( see how with blogging a cam is priority LOL.. i just got a new fuji =) i'll come take pics of you! ;)

@ van, bcm, mista jaycee: thank you all so much!

@ marisol: thank you!! i'm glad you found me too! following you back!

@ juvenescent: thank you!!

@ scandalous beauty: hahaha thanks! yes it's been over a year now since i've started!

Alyssia said...

U look flippin amazing! I love this look. The gold shadow is gorgeous!