Kim wanted to see a look or color recommendations to amp up her neutral look; put a little pizazz in her look!
For this look I chose a tan/gold with blue. Kim there's nothing wrong with neutrals (as I use them all the time!) but I add a color here and there to spice it up.
I think you all are getting more familiar with this face-- yes it's my sister again! I used her as she seems closer to Kim's complexion.
1. I based her lid with L'Oreal Decrease and covered it with MAC's Woodwinked eye shadow to the crease using a shader brush.
2. [ETA: I added Saddle to her crease after the first step with a #224 blending brush.] I applied the dark blue side of L'Oreal HiP's duo eyeshadow in Showy inher outer V and into the crease with a pencil brush (MAC's #219) (I also filled in her brows with Girl Boy brows set and a bit of Milani's Rich Chocolate in sparse areas with an angle brush.. no concealer!)
3. I applied a bit of Milani's Rich Chocolate in the inner V with the pencil brush for a bit more depth on the lid color.
4. I added Pure Luxe's Moon Glow as her highlight (MAC's #217), blended out the colors on her lid with blending brushes #224 and #222, we curled her lashes, added mascara- L'Oreal Voluminous on top and bottom lashes, lined her lids- top, MAC's Mystery Kohl Power; bottom (water line) Fascinating eye kohl smudged to soften the bright color.
1. I applied Studio Fix fluid in NC44 with a slightly damp sponge.
2. I applied Iman's blot powder in Light Medium all over with my flat top badger brush.
(Mini RAVE: I love Iman Cosmetics for women of color. She knows just the right tones and hues to just get it right in her powders and foundations. No fixing with bronzer etc! Love the blot powder for soaking up oil and being a sheer layer of color!)
3. Blush- I applied MAC's Format and Trace Gold with my Sinful Colors small blush brush.
4. For lips, I lightly lined her lips with MAC's Chestnut lip liner (which stands out more in pics than it did in real life) and used a nude lip lacquer by MAC (sorry, the name escapes me) and a goldish gloss on top.
Kim I hope you like it! She's supposed to do a look on me for you... But there's more to come =)