Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Yummy411: Boy/Girl Brow Set

I went to the Arundel Mills with the kids this weekend, just for sport. They wanted to go to Outdoor World (I guess it's the closest thing we'll get to doing an outdoor trip right now )= ) and visit a few stores. Naturally, I didn't mind because the CCO was right next door. While there, I found MAC's Girl Boy brow set. (One of their popular colors in their 5 color range.) I had always wanted to try it, but I 'try' nothing at full price. Regular retail: $13.50; CCO price: $8.99. Now I could.




It has a mascara wand for application to the brows.

Brows filled in with Girl Boy brow set.


My doctored up version, but I didn't have to fill them in with Cork e/s as I normally do. (Why do I look as if I'm about to burst into tears??) Also, I had been lusting after Nars' LoveJoy blush. I've had it for going on 9 months, yet I've never worn it. Here it is for the record.


Overall, I like the brow set! It's a quicker way to get the lightened brows. Two bonus points: 1-because it's a gel/cream it holds my hairs in place and 2-I can get the tinted brow look on others without actually tinting their brows! A cool temporary fix. I saw from Tawanna's reporting on the BCI Celebrity Makeup Symposium that this is a trick used in bridal makeup as well! Slight downfall, it's not as precise as my brush and powder. To achieve perfection, I would want my brows freshly done.

*Muthasfynest, wanna try?

If you don't want to try the brow set at full price either and can't find it at your CCO (or don't have a pro card) there is a way to DIY it.... maybe Slvrlips can do that post HINT HINT NIKKIA!!!!!!


22 comments:

Nikkia Chanel said...

LOL!!!
D.I.Y. post coming right up! It will be up tomorrow

Christiana Divine @ Memoirs of A Shopping Addict said...

Damn man, I seriously have to hit up a CCO someday. The closest one though is an hour away... and that's without traffic. *sigh* :(

Anonymous said...

what cco is in Arundel Mills?

Anonymous said...

Anonoymous: it's inside the Off the fifth outlet, as soon as you go in turn to the left and your there, very small area within the store. I just got my 187 brush from there.

Anonymous said...

Yummy:

Do you get your eyebrows threaded; where do you go to get your brows so neat!?

yummy411 said...

@ slvrlips: GREAT!

@ christian divine: yeh, but check specktra's cco threadfor your area and see if they've updated or ask for updates on what's there before going and see if it's worth your time. it would be a great trip for a makeup junkie!

yummy411 said...

@ t brown: thanks tawanna. i actually don't get them threaded (out of inconvenience). slvrlips/nikkia does. you can ask her where she goes (some where on U Street) or if she reads this she'll answer you. I go to Mindy at Tip Nails on Marlboro Pike.

yummy411 said...

@ t brown: whoa whoa whoa whoa now.. your #187?.. now that I didn't see any of!

Nikkia Chanel said...

hey T Brown, I currently get my brows threaded at a little shop named "Threadz" on U street. Sonya is the best threader there. The hours are Thursday & Saturday 11-6

ilurvemakeup said...

Your brows are always so flawless *ENVY*

Brown Girl Gumbo said...

I agree with Ilurvemakeup - your eyebrows always look flawless!! I need to try this!

Twinkle Twinkle said...

I love the Brow Sets. I also have Girl Boy. When my hair was newly colored I had this complicated routine were about I used the Brow Set and at least two other shadows to fill in my brows, including Antiqued (yes Antiqued). It was hot! I say all of that to say, the possibilities are endless, and I love the shimmery effect it has. Shimmery brows....

Sass said...

i love boy/girl. your brows are always on point!

Anonymous said...

Wah! I think blogger ate my previous comment, dang it!

Anywho, as I was saying: that's some mighty fine brow-age, Miss Kia! This product seems so much more simpler than having to bleach your brows, then fill them back in (my current method).

I wish I lived near a CCO! :*(

Anonymous said...

Have you tried the eyebrow extender from www.talika.com?

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

mane yawl have showed me make up is like science

yummy411 said...

@ slvrlips: thank you!

@ ilurvemakeup: thank you! *batting lashes*

@ BGG: thank you! yes you should try it!

@ twinkle twinkle: wow shimmery brows.. yes brow sets give us great options!

@ sass: thank you!!!

@ mandy pandy: thank you! yes, it is a better option! i'm almost convinced that it's worth the reg. retail price... unless you want to do a d.i.y. version!

@ anon: no i haven't.. thanks!

@ terrance stephens: almost almost.. a beautiful science!

psychoexgirlfriend said...

hey girl, the brows look great! i've never considered anything but powder before but this looks nice. i may check it out whenever i'm down in the states and near a cco. btw you have beautiful brows.

Trent said...

I like you header, too. I love the illustration of the chick.

Anonymous said...

your brows look so nice! too bad i don't have a cco near me. hell, i don't even have a mac near me. my town is like soooo little. actually, it's a city. a city with NOTHING here. the closest mac is probably about 2 hours away =( that's why i'm always stuck buying makeup online.

Phyllis Bourne said...

Your brows look great! I'm picking up that brow set ASAP.

yummy411 said...

@ psychoexgirlfriend: thank you!! i hope you get to check out the brows set. gel and color/filler all in one!

@ trent: thanks!

@ spankedelic: well there you go! i'll be visiting you to get the low on online makeup shopping; which by the way i'm soooo apprehensive about!

@ pbw: thank you!! if you try it, let us know what you think!