Thursday, September 20, 2007

Product Review: Rimmel LashMaxxx Mascara


I love Rimmel mascaras, so when the new Lash Maxxx debuted I definitely wanted to try. While in Target, I picked up a tube accidentally in brown/black, as one of the other two choices would have been ideal: black and extreme black. The formula is thick, but not as thick as the formulas I prefer of DiorShow and the like, but it will evenly coat. The wand is a double row comb to define and elongate the lashes. I tried the mascara and it didn't disappoint; it lived up to it's claims! I love the slim comb (no matter how cheesy it looks!) You can define your eyes (with a little work of course) but you don't have the mess of a regular brush wand that can clump mascara at the tip as you try to define your lashes. I would compare this defining wand to that of CoverGirl LashExact. (If you've been a reader of my blog, then you all know of my love for that mascara!) I might use this wand for the Rimmel Volum'Eyes mascara (I love that formula, nice and thick!) The pink and black tube is fun and cute.

Ready for a confession? I actually slept in this mascara.. I know, I know, but it was the ONLY makeup I was wearing and completely forgot. I woke up remembering and thinking about the raccoon eyes I'd have to clean. My dearies, there were none! What a surprise.



*Justice for Jena 6!*

10 comments:

Spicy Salsa said...

A really good mascara is Dior Show! That's my absolutely favorite and I've tried lots.

yummy411 said...

Hey SS! Yes, I love Dior Show.. it's one of my holy grail mascaras... Do you like the regular Dior Show or do you have a preference: black out? waterproof, etc.?

Spicy Salsa said...

I like the regular...the black with the silver writing. I don't even know of anything else (lol). That mascara is on point!

Unknown said...

yesss for no racoon eyes, and i will be the first to confess that i'm a repeat offender for sleeping in mascara.

ps. i love your makeup, too!

yummy411 said...

SS.. that's the one i have but i've been wondering if DiorShow Blackout is even better..

Marsadie: I'm glad I'm not the only one lol! Thank you!

Karen said...

I love CoverGirl LashExact, too!

I will have to try this. I hate racoon eyes, boo!

Material Girl said...

Thanks for the review - I'll be sure to try it out!

yummy411 said...

Karen: yes CoverGirl LashExactis a cult fav!

Material Girl: Thanks for stopping by! Let me know how you like the new mascara!

Unknown said...

Sounds interesting...Though I have to say the comb brushes don't do much for me. I always get this weird idea that they're a part of a medical experiment and I'm a helpless bunny. Though I've had good luck with Rimmel's products before. I keep hearing raves about Dior Show...Perhaps it's time for me to stop trying to be the indie kid and get on the bus and give it a try.

yummy411 said...

i feel like an experiment everytime they launch any of these special wands LOL. yes, you've gotta try DiorShow at least once.. do it for your lashes!