Monday, February 13, 2012

New Drugstore Items: Milani, Maybelline, FOTD

I'm always in the drugstore for one thing or another and what's  the harm in adding an eyeshadow to the to-buy list?  Pack of toilet paper, light bulbs, allergy  med, a lipstick! Works right? LOL

Here's what else I was surprised to see...

Six new Milani polishes for Spring


Six new baked shadows.  I swear this last one (2nd pic, right, green) is a dead ringer for MAC Unsurpassable Mineralize Eyeshadow.  I don't have
Unsurpassable, but it immediately caught my attention when I saw it and thought MAC dupe!

New Maybelline Spring Collection

I try to be a modest makeup fiend and picked 1 single eye shadow out of all the offerings.  Check below!
Milani Runway Eyshadow inAntigua.  Yall know I had to swatch as soon as I could, which meant no time for pics, lol.  This appeared to be a taupe-ish shadow infused with gold shimmers.  Neutral, blingy... me likey!  The gold shimmers aren't just a layer on top.  More chunky on the overlay of course, but gold shimmer thru and thru.

On me, Antigua takes on an olive gold appearance.  Not what I was looking for, but it's cool, I used it wet.  The photos I took when I smiled, I didn't like them.  Sorry for the mugging pics,lol

No special deal about the products I used, but I do like that I used a Physician's Formula powder to set my foundation and I finally got MAC's Pink Nouveau and wore it!

Have you seen these new products?


Imo said...

These shades look really pretty on you

nadine said...

What lipstick did you use? I love that shade :)

Boho Vanity said...

ive been seeing those milai polishes and shadows everywhere! really nice on you xx

My Blog: Boho Vanity

Girlie Blogger said...

That eye shadow is gorgeous. Love the color.
Girlie Blog Seattle - Beauty Tips, Makeup How To, Seattle Lifestyle

Distinque said...

very pretty! I'm waiting for their new highlighter to come out. it looked interesting in the email:)

Crystal said...

Those milani polishes look promising, wish they were available here in Belgium

EbonyYoungin said...

Love it on you!!

Sharon said...

Wow really wish we had access to these Milani products in e Uk and some of e Maybelline lipstick shades that never reach our side lol

U r absolutely gorgeous btw,am a new follower
Loving ur blog:-

yummy411 said...

@ imo: thanks girlie!

@ nadine: i'm wearing pink nouveau

@ boho vanity: thank you! lucky you. my area has gotten really slow with new products this past year =(

@ girlie blogger: thanks hon!

@ distinque: thank you! are you talking about the the highlighters with the rose prints in them? or is there another project i should be looking out for?

@ crystal: aww i wish they had them there too! hmmmmmm should i chance an international give-away?

@ ebony youngin: thanks!!

@ sharon: yes! i hate when they release different shades in different places!!

chrys said...

very pretty color on you and that liner is the business!! I wish I woulda kept pink nouveau :-)might need to go get it again :-)

Andrea said...

You betta werk. Glad i found your blog thanks for commenting

Unknown said...

Love that on your eyes....great stuff!! You look Fabulous!!!!