Valente took us through the process of the classic smokey eye with Q&A while he worked. Here are some tid-bits I picked up:
- He uses RCMA foundation for great coverage and blendability.
- He uses YSL and Laura Mercier powders for their finely milled formulas.
- He likes bronzers from Kiko- an Italian makeup line.
- He created a classic smokey eye with MAC Smoulder liner and a bronze Dior quint, smudging liner with a pencil brush.
- He highlighted and contoured with cream (his RCMA foundation palette).
- He likes Roque Cozette synthetic brushes.
- A key component to red carpet makeup is to select a focal point of the face and focus on that special feature.
- Another tip for long lasting red carpet lip color is to use Jello powder as a lip stain.
- He doesn't believe in the ultra sculpted brow, but a nice manicured brow.
- His work time: 1 hour! (by my clock)
What a gorgeous look! She's a natural beauty anyway. I hope you guys enjoyed my IMATS posts. I hope to see you at IMATS next year!