Tuesday, February 23, 2010

L'Oreal Fairest Nude, MAC Cherish and Brave New Bronze Comparisons

[EDITED TO ADD MORE INFO!]

When I tried on Fairest Nude (L'Oreal, drugstores), I instantly thought of my lipsticks Brave New Bronze (MAC Limited Edition, Style Warriors, Summer '09) and Cherish (MAC Permanent). I decided to swatch all of the colors together. For reference, I'm MAC NC40-42 in most of their foundations; Bobbi Brown I'm Warm Natural 4.5.


Blogger is putting up a fight! I am wearing Fairest Nude without a flash
(Brave New Bronze, Cherish and Fairest Nude)


(with Flash)


Swatches




(Bare lips, pretty pale)


Cherish lipstick


(Brave New Bronze on the lips, flash)




(Brave New Bronze, no flash)
Texture
Brave New Bronze was the most drying on my lips. Both Cherish and Brave New Bronze are Satins, but BNB feels like a matte!
L'Oreal's FN was the least drying and feels like a cross between a MAC Satin and Cremesheen finish lipsticks.
Color
In the pics, BNB looks like the baby of FN (pink beigy nude) and Cherish (a more neutral beige, even though a bit pink). That's true if I wear it alone, bare-faced. However, in person, with my foundation on it's a dead match with my skin, given a tad darker and a bit more cakey ;)

6 comments:

Dwana said...

Thanks for the swatches! You rock, Diva! This shade is a go.

Nicole said...

Brave new bronze looks great on you, I must try that shade.

Unknown said...

It is so lovely! I love nude lippies!

Resham said...

whoa...it sure is a lovely nude...I must get it SOOOOOONNNN!!!

yummy411 said...

@ dwana: no prob!

@ nicole: i'm sorry. brave new bronze is a limited edition color but cherish is permanent at MAC.

@ Dao and Resham: thanks so much!!

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

Since nude is so in right now, I def need to pick up some shades. Thanks for the info =)