Thursday, April 23, 2009

Nneka Saran Bag Launch Party and Weekend Fun! (pic heavy!)


The party was held at Luxe Lounge (formerly the Avenue Night Club).
Nneka the designer giving us an intro.
How cute! Nneka Saran cosmetic bags and traincases! I was trying to get my hands on a traincase, but it was snatched up right before my eyes =p



Above- Baby Doll participated in the hand bag fashion show.  I want that bag!
Me with Baby Doll the Diva (She's also a wonderful Yummy411 reader!)

Here's are the items I purchased!



After the launch party, we met up for one of my cousin's bday and partied some more!  Not many pics of that event.  You know how people are... "Don't put this on Facebook (the internet)."
Me, my sister Toni and Veronica
Me, Toni and cousin Oachi
Ok, I know Tyra wouldn't be happy with this photo, but it was late and I wanted to capture my look before washing it off.  I also got some Twitter comments asking me about the colors used.

When I went out with The Pretty Committee last month, I asked Toya her recipe for her flawless skin that had the perfect amount of sheen and glow!   I had the main ingredients so I decided to give it a go.

FACE
MAC Satinfinish Foundation in NC37
Setting powder- new MAC Prep + Prime Transparent (white) powder
Sculpt and shape duo for highlight and contour

EYES
Painterly paint pot to base
Red Earth Acid 5 eyeshadow in Acid 2 (a throwback that was probably LE)
MAC Deep blue green pigment in the crease and v
Carbon eyeshadow in outer v
MAC Penultimate Liner for top and bottom lids
MUFE Smoky Lash mascara
MAC Fascinating eye kohl at tear ducts and outer corner of the eye
(a play on the Miss Chievouz look)--it's fun eye detail for a night out.
MAC Studio Finish concealer in NW25
NYX Lashes # 125

CHEEKS
CoverGirl Bronzer?

LIPS
Underage and VG5 lipglasses

6 comments:

Yas said...

You're looking hot babes! OMG look at all of those bags. Super fab!

B said...

Oh Lawd, those bags are HOT!!! You and the sis look gorg. Her make-up is hot too!

Product Junkie Diva said...

I saw Nneka bag a while ago and I meant to get one and never did...back on my to do list.
Thanks
PJD
P.S. You all look fab.

♥ Ms. Kendall ♥ said...

I love your look!!! That launch party looked awesome! The bags are gorgeous!!! Why didn't you invite me!
XoXo

yummy411 said...

@ yas: thank you so much!! ;)

@ b: thank you! yes i'm going to have to feature her fotd, because i loved it.. i love her skill!

@ pjd: where did you see a nneka saran bag?? yes you need one before she's too hot to afford ;)

@ kendall: it was.. my friend said that she felt like she was on an episode of harlem heights lol next time you are coming okay?

Nikkia Chanel said...

Kia I'm loving those bags. Very pretty!! And you all looked fabulous. Looks like you all had a great time.