Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Yummy411: Blush and Reality TV Makeup



Are you guys watching Blush on Lifetime. I know you makeup junkies are!
Last night's episode included a 'Bridal Makeup' elimination challege.
**SPOILER ALERT**
If you are waiting for Lifetime to re-air this episode, don't read any further.

Myke was eliminated because his look for his bride wasn't a classic beauty/soft, timeless bridal makeup. He chose to give the bride what she wanted versus using his best judgment as the artist, so the judges said. I wish I had the picture to show, but he used heavy liner around the bride's huge eyes and peach, really more orange makeup for eyes, cheeks and lips.

Question to artists, wives, brides-to-be and some-day-brides-to-be: How do you feel about what Myke did or according to the judges- his lack of judgment?

For me, at the end of the day, the bride is paying for what she wants. She has to feel comfortable with how she looks. I'll give her my artistic opinion, but she ultimately decides. I'm not on a reality TV show, where you have to chose how the bride feels (his bride LOVED her look) or your winning entry, so that's just me. What say you? What was your favorite bridal look last nite? Let's discuss in the comments!

In other reality TV news:
Real Housewives of Atlanta Recap! Which cast member do you feel wore the best makeup on the show?

7 comments:

Nikkia Chanel said...

Hey Kia,
I am a huge fan of this show. I have learned a lot about what I need to work on as an artist like period make-up (knowing the different eras) and on balancing my looks out meaning making sure the eyes @ blush are even etc. I think that Myke did what the bride wanted so to me he did what he came to do "please the bride".

MakeupBliss said...

I have been watching the show and I must say that I'm not a fan of Myke's, but he listened to the bride, which in my opinion is what you should do because it is her day. I think he should have listened to the bride as well as used his own expertise.

Anu said...

you know I am not "that" impressed by the contestants. I feel like theyre good but not exceptional. although I do think there are a couple I think that have great potential. but hey it makes for watchable tv.

MakeupByRenRen said...

i felt conflicted by that as well...i've done things for brides that i necessarily did not agree with...because i want them to feel pretty at the end of the day...they're the number 1 priority in that instance

Anonymous said...

Ugh! I didn't like anyone. But I guess if I had to choose it would be the ladies that Team Boy (that's what I named them) did. You know, the boy that looks like Mercedes from ANTM and the Sassy Eyes boy.

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

I love Blush but totally gorget to watch it =(

yummy411 said...

@ slvrlips: we'll def have to compare notes on lessons learned from the show ;)

@ makeupbliss: yeh i agree. while pleasing her,he has a contest to win! LOL

@ anu: true. they'd better not get a wind of makeup gurus on youtube!

@ juvenescent: team boy hahahhaa! i loved when they first met the bridal party."love it!" LOL!

@ jointhegossip: work, mommyhood, blogging.. AND try to watch tv? please! LOL