Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Yummy411: Teen Beauty- Turquoise Lashes with Clarins!

Okay, does the little sister play in my makeup more than me? Yes. Do I like to show it off on the blog. Yes. LOL So, trust that I'm not twisting her arm to do this stuff, but I do like to share her creations with you all....
Here's a look she came up with. She used mainly MAC's Saturnal from the Moonbathe collection (last year's summer collection in white packaging). Then I suggested the turquoise mascara for her lashes as a way to amp up the look using Clarins Wonder Waterproof Mascara. She has crazy long and thick lashes, so any lash experiments, she's involved.


Here's her final look with her latest accessory (the ultimate birth control) our newest addition (and my sister Toni's twin)!

The look was so adorable on her, that I wanted to try it too! I used Cashflow paint pot and Saturnal eye shadow to achieve my look, complete with Supreme lipglass from this Summer's collection. Albeit sloppy, it was fun playing with the mascara. (Nevermind the crap on my left eye....)

Hey look! I used the primer of Maybelline's XXL Curl Power Mascara on my right eye. Can't you tell? I love that primer! It holds up my curl and doesn't let my lashes fall, like they are doing on the left eye.
I wanted to take an opportunity to show some Nikkia and Brit how I put mascara on my bottom lashes:

After I've used most of the mascara on the wand on my upper lashes, I'll use the residue on the bottom lashes in short horizontal motions.


...or a vertical motion. Play with the wand sometimes. Not the best effect, but you can even use horizontal motions with the wand in a vertical position. Be sure to define lashes after if you do it that way. If the wand is fresh out of the tube or just simply has too much mascara on it, I'll dab it on a tissue first (be especially careful with the tip). [ETA] To prevent mascara from getting on top or bottom lashes, use an index card behind lashes or a makeup wedge. Already messed up? MAC mascaras can usually be picked off once dried, others, just use a Q-tip to quickly clean up.

Look what I found while doing this post?

The Clarins' promo pic for the summer collection that included the turquoise mascara. I guess we were on the right track huh?

Can anyone have turquoise lashes or reserve it for teen beauty? Y'all know what I'll say, but I want to hear what you have to say ;)

14 comments:

Connie De Alwis said...

Woo... those turquoise lashes look gorgeous!

AskMeWhats said...

oh wow! I love love love it!!! I have never used any colored mascara except BROWNS! how boring of me! LOL that looks LOVELY!!!

Vanessa M. said...

gasp!

Anonymous said...

I like it..I think anyone can wear it, if worn correctly. Its especially cute on a teen yummy. You r making me want to allow my daughter to wear a little something something, she is almost 13.

Muthasfynest

MakeupByRenRen said...

i love that! so cute...i dunno about how it would look on my wimpy lashes though, lol...but i love it on you guys!

Anonymous said...

Gasp!! I absolutely love that Clarins combo. I am going to try that this week. Summer is almost over, so I have to hurry and get it in.

Kay always does such cute things to her face. I'm so proud of her. Looks like we have make up whore number three in the making. Lol!! Just joking. But seriously she's getting good with the make up and she's great with the camera. I see bright things in her future. Ok, my mini novel is done. BTW I'm trying to figure out how I missed that mascara. It's about to be so missing from your collection. Smooches!! :-P

Anonymous said...

It looks HOT!! I wish I could use colored mascara. Unfortunately my lashes are SUPER curly and unruly, it would look crazy!

B said...

Ohhh, I want to try that! Sis and you are lookin' pretty!

yummy411 said...

@ connie: thanks!!

@ askemwhats: thanks nikki! you should *smile* and try some colored mascara!!

@ vanessa: LOL gasp!

@ anon/muthasfynest: i can't wait until kay meets tori. kay might try to put makeup on her.

@ renren: thanks! i put it on with some primer.

@ darbygirl/toni: yeh she does. i'm proud of her, but want her out of my stash asap!

@ coffee: really, my lil sis' lashes are curyly and unruly too, but i gave her coats on the top and bottom to ensure the mascara properly coated. then i went thru with a lash comb.

@ b: try it!!! thanks hunneee!

Nikkia Chanel said...

I love it!!!! Colored mascara just adds a great pop to the eyes .

Product Junkie Diva said...

such a cute and fun look.
PJD

Anonymous said...

Darn it....now I have to go get some blue mascara to try! Thanks a lot! lol

Have you checked out Cult of Cherry yet? Bing = LOVE!

yummy411 said...

@ slvrlips: thanks!!

@ pjd: thanks!!

@ coffee: LOL! try it! now i haven't. i'm going tomorrow... yes. i've seen swatches and bing was my lipstick of choice! anything else you like?

Anonymous said...

I got the Spiced Chocolate Quad and Jampacked Lipgloss. I have my eye on the Overrich piggies, though....