Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Yummy411: Ed Hardy Fragrance for Women, Other Fragrances

(photo: Macys.com)

Here's another fragrance post. (These won't ever again be as long as my Deseo post!) This time it's Ed Hardy's fragrance for women. Not new, but as one of the few perfumes that has me smitten, I had to post. I will say that this fragrance surprised me and it is nothing I expected from the tattoo inspired designs and graphic artist. My take on it: Escada, but not as sickeningly sweet and more mature. I like, I like it alot!


So yes, I'm just as much into perfumes as I can be makeup. My latest flings: D&G The One, Kenzo perfumes and a few of The Body Shop's essential oil fragrances. Pucci's Vivara is pretty nice from what I remember and stays on my mind as a 'to-get' item. I love to smell fresh and cool during these hot temps as DC is going to reach the 90's by Friday!

Speaking of fragrances and The Body Shop, I've read Daneen of Spoiled Pretty's raves and praises of Hanae Mori's Butterfly. I finally went to check it out and guess what? This $90 perfume is a dead ringer for one of my fave scents, The Body Shop's Vanilla Oil, $16. Now to be clear, I don't remember if I smelled the original, eu fraiche, Paris Butterfly or what, but for any of them, I don't see any mention of a vanilla note or am I fragrance jargon illiterate?

Have you smelled any of these before? Any new fragrances for the summer? Tell me which ones and why?




17 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a sample of this and the men's one but have not tried it yet. I'm loving I am wild from Danica and also Lise Watier's new one. I also just discovered the signature frag from Hard Candy. It came out last year but it really makes a statement!

BeautyTalk said...

I just reviwed Stella and it is definitely my scent of the moment.

Anonymous said...

Hey Yummy!! I've had the Ed Hardy for about 3 weeks and I am IN LOVE!!! SO Spring/Summer!

Anonymous said...

hey girl, I've been checking in on you, glad to see you're well and blissfully busy!

I can't stand anything vanilla, if I get any woman's stuff I now know who to send it to!!

yummy411 said...

@ cybele: ok! hard candy seems like a winner. where can i find it?

@ beauty talk: yum! stella!

@ coffee: i'm glad to hear that you agree! how have you been?

@ delphine: lol! thanks! send it right this way!

Product Junkie Diva said...

Sorry I don't have any scents to contribute...oh except this new strawberry lotion that I am using now, but that is probably not what you are looking for..lol
thanks for this post.
Product junkie Diva

yummy411 said...

hey pjd! tell us about it! i like fruity smells!

HairMakeupTalk said...

i like the smell as well. very pleasant and not too strong

yummy411 said...

you agree! i call it the grown up escada LOL

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

I have to try the Ed Hardy scent! As for the fragrances that I'm currently smitten by...With Love by Hillary Duff and Sensual Amber by Bath and Body works. Now before you die of shock from my Hillary reference, I swear it smells so good. It's been my favorite scent for about a year now! And as for the Sensual Amber, for some reason the smell reminds me of Halloween and brings back childhood memories =)

yummy411 said...

hey leeann! i see someone's a big fan of amber. i like celeb scents so i'm not a fragrance or teeny bopper snob at all ;) with love was well done (it's an elizabeth arden fragrance so i had intentions on liking it lol) however, the strong amber notes made me think it was a replica of armani code which may be just a hint spicier. i loved sensual amber until my sister OD'ed on it with the body wash, spray, lotion and now i steer clear of amber. i know it smelled wonderful so maybe i'll get back onto it soon!

Dollfaced Rebel said...

WOW!!! You made me want this...
Dang First Mac now this!? Are you trying to break my pockets lol!?

yummy411 said...

lol! hey hey hey now.... don't blame me... but this smells lovely!

(g)ezebel said...

my sis' boyfriend bought her this, but it was horrible on me. she says it's "floral," but i don't know what kind of floral she's thinkin' about. maybe that one giant one that smells like decomposing flesh? haha

yummy411 said...

oh no! decomposing flesh is awful!!

burch said...

i have lucky to see it!okay

women pheromones said...

One of my favorite scent. The bottle and packaging design was lovely. :)

eula_w