Thursday, November 08, 2007

Yummy411: Maybelline New York Salon Expert Nail Color Product Review

Hi all!

I'm letting go of my OPI Honeymoon Suite and other Essie politely pink and nude favorites. It's fall and I wanted to go dark again on my nails. I've done the Chanel Noir Ceramic and other raves of last year, but right now I'm swooning over dimensional jewel tones. On my list to try are a dark vampy, but jewelesque emerald green, a to-die-for ruby, a royal amethyst, or a handsome burgundy and some metallics like a high silver or a holiday yellow, party gold, like MAC's Gold Veneer lacquer.

To start off my quest, I found Acoustic Azure by Maybelline NY Salon Expert Nail Color, a limited edition shade. It came out before Halloween and completed a lineup of vampy, not quite black shades (no images available). Yes, Maybelline had to launch a collection to compete with the other drugstore brands and their higher end counterparts. I love this blue, because it's vibrant in light, but very subdued and black in areas with less light-- a deep blue, but not over the top electric '80's. I'm managing to pull if off in a corporate setting, so I'm very happy. To wear this look, I got my nails super short and chic. I can't wait for my PDA that I'm gifting myself-- cute nails need a cute pda to text on and to click- click- click with a stylus, LOL. Don't mind me, I just like to find joy in the small things! hahaha!

Here are some photos:

Sorry, I'm not good at this picture thing =/

What are your must have nail options for fall? Do you know of any fab jeweltone nail colors that I should know about?

18 comments:

Brown Girl Gumbo said...

Love the polish color. It's perfect for the fall/winter season.

yummy411 said...

hey bgg! i think so too =)... as you know lol

Anonymous said...

Absolutely love it!!! I usually stick to deep burgandies and fuschias for the fall, but I may have to try out some other jewel tones. Ironically I am wearing a pair of BCBG pumps today that are almost that exact hue!

Alyssia said...

o0o0. You know I just did a post on polish yesterday! LOVE LOVE that color. I'm gonna go check it out. Also, you said you wear acrylics? Do you have an overlay or something like that? I have short nails too, they just looked neat and well-groomed!!

Love it!!!!

-Alyssia

Afrodite said...

At the risk of sounding goth, I'm a biiiiiiig fan of black nail polish but it's a bitch to take off, man!

yummy411 said...

@ baby doll: those pumps sound gorgeous!

@ tml: i know! i can't wait to see it. i can't see your pics right now at my secondary comp ;)

@ afrodite: i like black too. i was just getting bored with it =/ yes dark polishes in general can be troublesome. what's your favorite black polish?

Anonymous said...

thanks for the comment on my site! and great post :) how do you find the wear of the maybelline polishes? i am usually typing away at my computer for hours a day, and i find that regular old drugstore brands chip very easily. OPI seems to work well for me.

Yannize said...

I find that the best wear comes from ESSIE hands down...everything else chips too easily...
have you tried WICKED by ESSIE...that is my standby...my signature...also DEVIL'S FOOD is a good look...and for a red...BORDEAUX...
im such a walking commercial, essie needs to cut me a check!

Yannize
styleammo.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I have that color and the deep plum color from that same color story. I can't keep polish on due to my very hands on job but I keep polishing. I thought about getting some acrylics, very short. Great post. you take pictures like me! lol!

B said...

Ohhh shiznit. I love that color. I love jeweltones period!

yummy411 said...

@ aileen: hey aileen! nothing tops opie and essie, but the wear is okay. i'm sure with a decent top coat it's great. i have acrylic on my nails so that the polish lasts longer, so i'm unsure of the wear on natural nails. when i had natural nails, like i said, nothing topped opi. =) thanks for stopping by!

@ yannize: ooh thanks for the suggestions! wicked seems to be everyone's favorite, but i don't get to see essie lines too often. opi just came to our local drugstore cvs!

@ jamie: nice! how do you like the plum color? girl don't get the acrylics!! it's a bad habit i wish i hadn't started, but dealing with people and papers... i needed another alternative to having nice nails =/

@ b: thanks!!

Anonymous said...

Hey,
I LOVE your color, for fall I wear navy, burgandy wine, gray, deep purple, and dark chocolate. There are so many options out there, you can't go wrong! OPI and Essie are my favorite nail polish brands.

nilla cookie said...

Currently I have It's a Doozi Says Suzi from OPI on my toes. It's a gorgeous deep red shade that has tiny little flecks of gold. It's definitely on my fave list :)

Anonymous said...

i love that! stila is having an online warehouse sale. ridiculous savings!

http://www.stilacosmetics.com/special_vws_2007_lrigalits.asp

Atiyah said...

I can't find this freakin polish anywhere and I would like to get three colors from the collection.

yummy411 said...

@ kiya: hey kiya! thanks for stopping by and commenting. great color choices... any recommendations? brands and colors? i love opi and essi too!

@ nilla cookie: hey! i've heard of that before, but i can't wait to check it out now!

@ Cadie b: thanks!

@ atiya9369: i'm sorry! it was even harder finding it on the website! i found it randomly at my local eckerds before it turned into Rite Aid =/ I hope you find it! they are great shades!

Tapupartforpres said...

HEY LADIES YOU CAN FIND IT HERE. Crave Beauty Care Products and Makeup

Latest All Fashion said...

Bare anatomy is a next-gen personal care and beauty brand for women. The team consists of very passionate and pedigreed individuals, who are alums of top schools.