Saturday, October 13, 2007

Yummy411: How To- Eyebrows!

I got a sweet email from a fantastic reader asking how I do my eyebrows from start to finish and all products used. Thanks for writing in M! I love questions and reader feedback. Here's your answer =)

1. I start out by going to get my brows waxed. (Sorry, I forgot a before picture =p)

2. Then I use Sally Hanson Creme Hair Bleach kit. The kit comes with Creme Bleach, Baking Soda Activator, Mixing Tray, Applicator and easy-to-follow instructions. Retail in local drugstores $4.99. I don't recommend this step if your brows are super thin and barely visible.


3. I mix up the creme bleach and activator on the mixing tray with the applicator.

.

4. I apply to eyebrows for a few minutes 2-3 minutes.


5. I wipe off the bleach with a little water to check and see if my brows are lightened to my liking. It's okay? I use a little soapy water to remove any residue. End result!


6. I grab my concealer, MAC Select Cover-Up. I'm usually using this as my brow highlight and to clean up under my brows a bit.


7. With a pea-size amount, I blend the concealer under my brows and put the residue that's left over on my finger in my brows. I do that, so that the powder I'm about to use will stick in my brows.



8. I grab my small angled brush (MAC's #266) and my eye shadow powder in Cork that's a few shades lighter than my natural brow color, but blends in perfectly and to my liking when my brows are bleached.


9. I start by drawing a guide line under my brow.

10. I shade across my brow in short strokes. Then, I work on the beginning/front in a shading motion, using the front of the angle to help create my preferred square shape.

11. Here's the end result. As you can see, this wasn't one of my best brow days... but to redeem myself...

12. THIS was a good brow day for me =)

And there you have it! Thanks for reading! Any other reader questions, suggestions, comments? Drop them in the comments below or email me @ Yummy411

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! Flawless as usual...

yummy411 said...

aww you are so nice to me =) thanks diva!

Karen said...

Where would we be without the 266? ;)

I have started using concealer underneath my arch and I love it.

yummy411 said...

hey karen! i don't know where we'd be without that #266. i'm glad you like and could use the concealer under the arch tip. besides that what benefit's high brow is, isn't it?

Tacitutzatzo said...

Square is also my favorite. Your brows looks so natural using powder, and the shade is perfect!

Habitual Beauty said...

great job hun, i am just in love with every one of your post!!! and umm can i mail order you to come and do my brows just as perfect???

Yannize said...

hey...I use cork for my eyebrows too!!!!! beauty minds think alike!

Yannize
styleammo.blogspot.com

yummy411 said...

@maddie: thanks! *blushing*

@beautiful habit: why do you insist on making me blush?! thanks for all of your support =)

@yannize: yes they do!

Unknown said...

i thought i was the only person that had bad brow days...some days i just cant get it right other days i cant stop looking at how good they look
thanks for the tut

1xellus1 said...

You are sooo pretty! Love your freckles! Go girl!