Thursday, March 01, 2007

More on brushes




This is by far my favorite makeup brush right now. Yes, it took the spot of my beloved kabuki brush and fluffy powder brush. This, my lovelies, is the smoky-wide shadow brush by none other than the Essence of Beauty drugstore brand. Great tool to practice your smokey eye. The thick end for lid color and the small dense for super blending. Cost: about $4-$9. I must have the double ended foundation and concealer brush. I have both, but so convenient right? For those of you concerned about the price not being equivalent to quality, Makeup Alley raves about the brushes as well. Besides, I think it's a good deal for your money.

(colors, Shimmermoss on lid, French Gray in crease and white shimmer from Milani bronzer shimmer strips as brow highlight, MAC fluidliner in shade, eek! no mascara, lol)

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Okay, is the bristles flat? or round shaped? can't quite tell and WHERE did you get this? Never seen the brand before.. looks awesome! :) Elke

yummy411 said...

hey elke, they are round brushes. the smaller brush is significantly smaller, but great for blending. essence of beauty products are sold at cvs drugstores (in my region-- i'm from DC). i've never seen them anywhere else.

Anonymous said...

I've had these brushes for close to 2 years now and THEY ARE THE BEST! I initially just bought the Foundation and Eyeshadow brush but then a few weeks later, I saw the Travel Set. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THE TRAVEL SET. They're double sided but still the same length and width of the individual brushes sold seperately.

yummy411 said...

@anon: i love the essence of beauty selection!

RVAfashionista said...

I can agree that the Essence of Beauty brushes are awesome and that one is one of my faves!

Henna said...

Thanks for posting pics of the awesome makeup looks! It's so much better to see how it actually looks rather than just read about it.

yummy411 said...

thanks henna. i'm a visual person too, so i took the jump and plastered my face on my page. besides, i can track my growth (application skills). oh btw, i'm working on a better camera. i don't think mine does the colors any justice.

Elle* said...

I have to chime in on the Essence of Beauty brushes. My mom bought one and she came in my room and rubbed it on my face to be playful and I wanted to snatch it! hehe...It was a mini Kabuki. I need a new face brush since my Bare Escentuals Face Brush got stiff on me! And she said it was like 5 bucks!

yummy411 said...

@ rva fashionista and elle- gotta love em, especially for that price! newly added brushes to my collection: the finisher brush and two smudge sticks.

Carleenp said...

I have a CVS half a mile away. I'm going to check and see if they have this line. I'm definitely all in favor of affordable brushes and could use a few new ones.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.