Thursday, July 14, 2011

New Nail Color: Orly Pure Porcelain

Out of my collection of polishes, I narrowed down my choices to this crop of 4: Ruby Kisses Nail Polish in Tropical Blend, CQ polish is Silver Taupe, Milani One Coat Glitter Polish in Purple Gleam and Orly's Frolic.

My Twitter survey turned up Orly's Frolic as the winner....

However, when I got to my nail spot, they had my current lemming that I couldn't find anywhere! Orly's Pure Porcelain. I know it's a boring neutral like my last color, but it's a cream, nice and opaque. Trust me they are not the same color! LOL I'm also intrigued by this color. I can't decide if its a whitened gray, a gray tinged white or a pink tone putty color. Is it possible to have a warm toned, off white gray? I do know that I love it. It's not stark white, but still mod, cool, office chic!

My other issue was that I like my toes and finger tips to coordinate. The shop charges waaaayyy too much for a polish change and I still have my perfectly in tact China Glaze Refreshmint on my toes... Neutral looks better with a pop of color like Refreshment.

Next go round, Frolic will be on my tips and toes... I'm in love with that hue of purple. Does it remind you of a polish version of MUFE 92 shadow?



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is it ok for me to say your nails remind me of pumpkin seeds? Although I cant rock that shape, I love that color

Mutha

Anonymous said...

Is it ok for me to say your nails remind me of pumpkin seeds? Although I cant rock that shape, I love that color

Mutha

yummy411 said...

Yes, Mutha!

Yes, Mutha!

Lol Totally what I was going for... tear drop, etc. love you! --Kia

Sarah said...

I agree with Mutha above. I love the shape - it's the one I used most often with my own. :) To keep your nails so lovely - you might want to check out the "No More Nail Biting" Actionplan on Fitango.com. It helped me so much!
-Sarah