Saturday, January 11, 2014

Rimmel Lash Accelerator Mascara Review



Hey lovelies! I was raving to Kia about the Rimmel Lash Accelerator Mascara, so she asked that I share my thoughts with all of you on the blog. Well, it’s been a few weeks and I’ve had time to really form an opinion about this product.

First, let me tell you that this mascara was brought to my attention by watching others’ reviews and hearing how much they loved it. Secondly, before I decided to search for this mascara, I visited the Five Below in my area for something totally different, and happened upon it for three bucks. Done deal in my book! So, if you decide to give this mascara a try, check your area Five Below first :o)

The first few times I used the mascara, I was doing make up on the go. I had to do five-minute looks in the car. I loved it! It made my lashes nice and bold, black and gave the volume I was looking for. Winning, right?

Well, when I finally took my time with the mascara, as I created a more intricate look, I found a couple of things that leave more to be desired from this product. Here’s a list of the pros and cons.

PROS
Volumizing
Lengthening
Darkens lashes well
Defines lashes well

CONS
Causes spider lashes when building
Defines lashes, but some become stuck together
Dries really fast

Here’s how I overcame the issues I had with the mascara:
I monitored how much mascara was on the wand when I took it out of the well and adjusted it as necessary. I know this is a step that we all take, but I had to do this more than usual with this particular mascara.

Secondly, I used a disposable mascara wand to separate my lashes and take away any excess mascara, while they were still wet. I did this to ensure that my lashes didn’t look like spiders.

In my opinion, this is not mascara that you can really build on and separate lashes without having a clumpy look. However, because it dries pretty quickly, if you’re a one and done type of girl that doesn’t obsess over every lash being in a specific place, this will work just fine for you. For three bucks, it’s definitely doable. However, I won’t be using it in lieu of my L’Oreal Voluminous anytime soon. So far, I have been using it along with other mascaras, since I do appreciate the volumizing effect of the Rimmel Lash Accelerator. If you currently use this mascara, be sure to tell us what you think. Also, let us know what your fave mascara is. Until next time… Make up, not war.






5 comments:

Content Director - Strong Female Leaders said...

Spider veins - not attractive. But for $3? I can make it work. Thanks for the review. It's very thorough and well-written.
Beauty Fashion Skin Care Blog -Girlie Blog Seattle | Casual Chic Style

yummy411 said...

Thanks girlie blog!

Unknown said...

You definitely managed to make it look great! Great review, I'd better stay away from this... I wouldn't know how to fix this the way you do.

Have you seen NEXTFLY SEO said...

Getting a new mascara is always exciting. Unless you've found one you love, it's hard to know which one will make your lashes pop, and not flake off. This fits the purposes I needed it to. My lashes look great, and just a little flaking. I can't wear the water proof kind.

Heard about Philadelphia Asbestos Lawyer said...

I really like this mascara. I still use my Lancome but this goes on first for it's growth ingredients. I have no flaking or clumping. It looks fantastic alone too. Adds volume and length. I feel like I'm doing something healthy for my lashes by using this and they look amazing. I'm very happy with it, great product.