Monday, February 13, 2012

New Drugstore Items: Milani, Maybelline, FOTD

I'm always in the drugstore for one thing or another and what's  the harm in adding an eyeshadow to the to-buy list?  Pack of toilet paper, light bulbs, allergy  med, a lipstick! Works right? LOL

Here's what else I was surprised to see...


Six new Milani polishes for Spring

 

Six new baked shadows.  I swear this last one (2nd pic, right, green) is a dead ringer for MAC Unsurpassable Mineralize Eyeshadow.  I don't have
Unsurpassable, but it immediately caught my attention when I saw it and thought MAC dupe!



New Maybelline Spring Collection

I try to be a modest makeup fiend and picked 1 single eye shadow out of all the offerings.  Check below!
Milani Runway Eyshadow inAntigua.  Yall know I had to swatch as soon as I could, which meant no time for pics, lol.  This appeared to be a taupe-ish shadow infused with gold shimmers.  Neutral, blingy... me likey!  The gold shimmers aren't just a layer on top.  More chunky on the overlay of course, but gold shimmer thru and thru.


On me, Antigua takes on an olive gold appearance.  Not what I was looking for, but it's cool, I used it wet.  The photos I took when I smiled, I didn't like them.  Sorry for the mugging pics,lol

No special deal about the products I used, but I do like that I used a Physician's Formula powder to set my foundation and I finally got MAC's Pink Nouveau and wore it!

Have you seen these new products?

12 comments:

Imo said...

These shades look really pretty on you

nadine said...

What lipstick did you use? I love that shade :)

Boho Vanity said...

ive been seeing those milai polishes and shadows everywhere! really nice on you xx

My Blog: Boho Vanity

Content Director - Strong Female Leaders said...

That eye shadow is gorgeous. Love the color.
Girlie Blog Seattle - Beauty Tips, Makeup How To, Seattle Lifestyle

Distinque said...

very pretty! I'm waiting for their new highlighter to come out. it looked interesting in the email:)

Crystal said...

Those milani polishes look promising, wish they were available here in Belgium

EbonyYoungin said...

Love it on you!!

http://vaintastic.blogspot.com/

Sharon said...

Wow really wish we had access to these Milani products in e Uk and some of e Maybelline lipstick shades that never reach our side lol

U r absolutely gorgeous btw,am a new follower
Loving ur blog:-
http://sharon-871sher.blogspot.com

yummy411 said...

@ imo: thanks girlie!

@ nadine: i'm wearing pink nouveau

@ boho vanity: thank you! lucky you. my area has gotten really slow with new products this past year =(

@ girlie blogger: thanks hon!

@ distinque: thank you! are you talking about the the highlighters with the rose prints in them? or is there another project i should be looking out for?

@ crystal: aww i wish they had them there too! hmmmmmm should i chance an international give-away?

@ ebony youngin: thanks!!

@ sharon: yes! i hate when they release different shades in different places!!

chrys said...

very pretty color on you and that liner is the business!! I wish I woulda kept pink nouveau :-)might need to go get it again :-)

Andrea said...

You betta werk. Glad i found your blog thanks for commenting

Unknown said...

Love that on your eyes....great stuff!! You look Fabulous!!!!