Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Beautiful Books

On a trip to the library for my KidYum's school project, I found myself emersed in beauty books after dealing with school stuffs! Here are a few selections I picked up!




Pic 1:
Pro Makeup, Salon Secrets of Professionals by Kit Spencer. I liked this book as a comprehensive resource. It poo-pooed a bit on drugstore makeup brushes, but... overall I liked it. I have Bobbi Brown's book and Iman's so this just reiterates everything.
Nigel Barker's Beauty Equation This was a no brainer... I've met Nigel and had to see what his book was about.
Teen Makeup by Linda Mason. I've met Linda Mason too, would like to visit her boutique and this gave me a chance to see her work and beauty for Teens.

Pic 2
Thank God I'm Natural by Chris-Tia E. Donaldson with a forward by Motown Girl, yeh!
If I Can Cook, You Know God Can by Ntozake Shange I only knew N. Shange for For Colored Girls, so I decided to pick up something else by her.

The last book isn't necessarily beauty related, but I love cooking/ethnic books anyway. I also love my library's online renew system. I do have to make a promise to myself: only to check out one book at a time upon completion!

No comments: